The Booksellers Insurance Program
Providing insurance coverage for independent booksellers since 1997.
The Booksellers Insurance Program (formerly LIBRIS) was created with the American Booksellers Association (ABA) to support the unique needs of bookstores and other specialty retailers.
With industry professionals who are knowledgeable and responsive, we will help you select the coverage that best suits your retail business.
The professionals at Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc., a national leader in insurance solutions, manage The Booksellers Insurance Program and provide quick, no-hassle claim resolution.
Created by the American Booksellers Association (ABA), The Booksellers Insurance Program (formerly LIBRIS) has been working with independent bookstores since 1997. Working directly with business owners and local agents around the country, The Booksellers Insurance Program (TBIP) also provides coverage for other specialty retailers and publishers.
COVERAGE FOR SEASONAL INCREASE IN INVENTORY
- New store benefit. TBIP gives credit for previous bookstore experience or retail management experience for new bookstore owners.
- Website/computer coverage. Booksellers Insurance Program offers $50,000 in website coverage and $5,000 for computer fraud at no additional cost.
- Seasonal increase in merchandise is covered. TBIP accounts for increased inventory at no additional charge.
- Used book benefit. TBIP values used books and will pay up to $100 per book for covered losses.
- Special event coverage. TBIP understands that bookstore events are a common activity and coverage needs to be built into the policy.
- Off-premises coverage for exhibitions and conferences. TBIP includes coverage for inventory and property used for off-site events, an important part of your business.
THE BOOKSELLERS INSURANCE PROGRAM OFFERS
- Low rates — Our premiums are stable and affordable
- Exceptional service — Our knowledgeable insurance professionals understand the bookselling industry
- Peace of mind — Our insurance is backed by QBE, an “A” rated insurance company by A.M. Best Company
- Fast claims — Our expert team efficiently handles all claims from start to finish
- Dividends — Policyholders are eligible to receive dividends when the program earns underwriting profits
Already working with an insurance agent or broker?
Have your agent call us at 888-694-8585 and we’ll get them set up to start your tailored quote right away.
Bookstore owners need an insurance policy that protects their investment, is easy to understand and is priced right. The Booksellers Insurance Program policy is designed to address the loss exposures unique to bookstores at low rates.
BOOKSELLERS INSURANCE COVERAGE:
- Business interruption/extra expense
- Business liability protection
- Computer equipment/software
- Coverage for cafés/restaurants
- Liquor Liability
- Employee benefits liability
- Employee dishonesty
- Fine arts
- Replacement cost for buildings and business personal property
- Detached outdoor signs
- Glass – interior/exterior
- Hired and non-owned auto liability
- Tenants’ legal liability
- Used and rare books
- Valuable papers/accounts receivable
- Workers’ compensation
INCLUDED ON EVERY POLICY
- $2 million per occurrence/$4 million aggregate business liability limit
- $2 million personal and advertising injury
- $100,000 tenant legal liability
- $100,000 personal property at newly acquired premises
- $25,000 for outdoor signage
- $5,000 in medical payments per person
- Business interruption — All loss sustained up to 12 months
BUSY SEASON & EXPANSION
No-Hassle Adjustments for Peak Season
Booksellers Insurance automatically increases your inventory coverage by 25% during your peak selling season. Whether your increase is due to tourism, back to school sales or seasonal holidays, we take care of it for you.
Opening a New Store?
Booksellers Insurance offers the ideal insurance program for new storeowners. We offer a flexible premium payment plan with no penalties for start-up operations.
ADDITIONAL PROPERTY COVERAGES
BLANKET LIMIT $250,000 APPLIES TO ADDITIONAL COVERAGES PER LOCATION AS SHOWN IN DECLARATIONS
|Accounts receivable*||Included in Blanket Limit|
|Money and securities*||$25,000 in|
|Valuable Papers*||Included in Blanket Limit|
|Personal effects||Included in Blanket Limit|
*Limits can be increased
|$500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000|
|Employee dishonesty||Up to $25,000|
|Building ordinance||Up to $300,000|
|Food spoilage||Varies per risk|
|Employee benefits||Varies per risk|
|Equipment breakdown||Up to limit quoted|
|Hired/non-owned automobile||Up to $1 million|
|Liability Coverages||Umbrella liability|
The above is a summary of coverage, not a contract for insurance. For additional information, terms, conditions, restrictions or limitations, contact a Booksellers Insurance representative.
Independent bookstores are the cornerstones and of their communities and a welcoming place for their customers. Here are some kind words and testimonials from current independent bookstore Booksellers Insurance Program policyholders.
It’s designed especially for bookstores, with more features and lower costs. And the folks are so great to work with.Chuck Robinson, Village Books
As far as insurance goes, they are the best I’ve ever worked with.Laure Laundry, Boulder Bookstore
We have received good coverage and excellent customer service.Roger Cohen, Penn Concessions, Inc.
New York, NY
My rep is incredibly responsive and follows through immediately. I feel like I have my own personal insurance consultant.Terry Loucheim Gilman, Mysterious Galaxy Bookstore
San Diego, CA
Our bookstore insurance specialists are available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time, Monday through Friday.
8000 E. Maplewood Ave. Suite 350
Greenwood Village, CO 80111